Pop-Up Marine Discovery Centre (Event)
04 September 2017 until 31 December 2017
A highly interactive marine discovery display suitable for all ages. Includes information on the role of Marine Parks
Board Meeting No. 93 (Meeting)
12 December 2017
The Eyre Peninsula Natural Resources Management Board meets every two months.
Sheep containment feeding (Training)
18 December 2017
Join a local tour to visit four local properties and hear from Jess Crettenden about sheep containment feeding. The tour will focus on sharing farmer experiences, the good and the bad, and tips for success. Hosted by Darke Peak Ag Bureau, supported by Natural Resources EP with funding from the Australian Government National Landcare Program
Landcare for rural women (Training)
01 February 2018 until 30 November 2018
A series of free sessions, from Feb 2018 until the Nov 2018. Topics include: Local threatened species, Native plant ID, Bird watching, Soils, Pest & weed ID and control, Coastcare and so much more.
Previous Natural Resources Eyre Peninsula events
Below is a list of some of our most popular events during 2015 and 2016. If you are interested in attending a similar event in the future please let us know (contact us), you never know, with enough support we might be able to run it again:
- Nature Play SA workshops and talks for Educators, Local Council and Community, at Ceduna (2017) Tumby Bay and Port Lincoln (2016).
- Workshops for sheep producers 'Getting the best from your end product' with San Jolly, at Lock and Streaky Bay. Took place 22 and 23 June 2016.
- BirdLife Australia workshops, Beach-nesting birds workshop held in Ceduna, 5-6 March 2016. Migratory shorebirds workshop held in Coffin Bay, 19 - 20 March 2016.
- Bird identification training, citizen science 10 session course (free and open to all, limited spaces) - in Cummins (finished May 2017) Elliston, Cleve and Port Lincoln. (finished Dec 2015).
- Professional development for Teachers and Educations (free) - Coast to Classroom, Birdlife - in Whyalla Norrie, Port Neill, Port Lincoln, Streaky Bay. Took place 21-27 Oct 2015.
- Climate Change workshop (free and open to all) - in Port Lincoln (more info here). Held 15 Sept 2015
- Water Use on Farms workshops (small fee) - in Cummins and Cleve. Took place 30-31 July 2015.