Natural Resources Kangaroo Island (NRKI) assists community groups and individual land managers to develop proposals and seek funding for projects that focus on improving natural resources on KI.
On-Ground Works Funding
At certain times of the year, Natural Resources Kangaroo Island invites landholders, including lifestyle acreages, Landcare groups and community groups to submit an expression of interest for funding for on-ground works projects. The current round has now closed.
Previous projects to receive funding have completed activities like:
- Fencing of existing native (remnant) vegetation on blocks to protect from grazing livestock.
- Revegetation (planting of native trees and shrubs) to extend existing vegetation, revegetate salt patches, around lagoons and along creek lines, etc.
- Fencing of revegetation projects to protect from grazing livestock.
- Stock and/or vehicle crossings to minimise stream sedimentation and eutrophication. View the creating a creek crossing factsheet for details.
- Water point relocation to move stock watering points out of streams and minimise in-stream sedimentation and eutrophication.
If you would like to find out more about possible funding opportunities for an on-ground works project in your catchment or patch, please contact NRKI’s Regional Landcare Facilitator on 8553 4444.
The on-ground works grants are supported by the KI NRM Board with funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
KI NRM Board sponsorship
The Board has a small annual allocation to support Kangaroo Island not-for-profit organisations deliver natural resource management or community engagement activities which have a direct relationship to the objectives of the board.
The sponsorship recipient must in all its publications, promotional materials, communications, advertising and other forms of publicity (including media releases, reports, newsletters, interviews and electronic media) which refer to the event or project, acknowledge the financial support it has received from the Kangaroo Island Natural Resources Management Board.
Previous sponsorship has been provided to:
- Agriculture Kangaroo Island
- Fine Art Kangaroo Island
- Parndana Agriculture Horticulture and Floral Show
- Kangaroo Island Field Day
If you wish to apply for support from the Board for your event or activity, please complete the attached sponsorship form or contact the Manager Business Support on 8553 4413.
There are alternative SA government grants and funding opportunities available to assist councils, organisations and individuals with managing our state’s natural resources.