Natural Resources Kangaroo Island (NRKI) assists community groups and individual land managers to develop proposals and seek funding for projects that focus on improving natural resources on KI.
On-Ground Works Funding
Natural Resources Kangaroo Island is inviting landholders, including lifestyle acreages, Landcare groups and community groups to submit an expression of interest for funding for on-ground works projects. The current round of funding offers a range of grants for the following activities:
- Fencing of existing native (remnant) vegetation on blocks to protect from grazing livestock.
- Revegetation (planting of native trees and shrubs) to extend existing vegetation, revegetate salt patches, around lagoons and along creek lines, etc.
- Fencing of revegetation projects to protect from grazing livestock.
- Stock and/or vehicle crossings to minimise stream sedimentation and eutrophication. View the creating a creek crossing factsheet here for details.
- Water point relocation to move stock watering points out of streams and minimise in-stream sedimentation and eutrophication.
The Australian Government funding will prioritise projects in the Cygnet River and Pelican Lagoon catchments, however applications from other areas on Kangaroo Island will be considered.
If you would like to apply for funding towards an on-ground works project, please read the NRKI-on-ground-works-funding-guidelines-2017-2018-2.pdf and submit the expression of interest form located at the end of the guidelines to the Regional Landcare Facilitator Karleah Berris on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions of Interest are due by COB Thursday 21 September 2017.
For assistance planning your project or submitting your application, please contact Karleah Berris on 8553 4444.
The on-ground works grants are supported by the KI NRM Board with funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
KI NRM Board sponsorship
The Board has a small annual allocation to support Kangaroo Island not-for-profit organisations deliver natural resource management or community engagement activities which have a direct relationship to the objectives of the board.
The sponsorship recipient must in all its publications, promotional materials, communications, advertising and other forms of publicity (including media releases, reports, newsletters, interviews and electronic media) which refer to the event or project, acknowledge the financial support it has received from the Kangaroo Island Natural Resources Management Board.
Previous sponsorship has been provided to:
- Agriculture Kangaroo Island
- Fine Art Kangaroo Island
- Parndana Agriculture Horticulture and Floral Show
- Kangaroo Island Field Day
If you wish to apply for support from the Board for your event or activity, please complete the attached sponsorship form or contact the Manager Business Support on 8553 4413.
There are alternative SA government grants and funding opportunities available to assist councils, organisations and individuals with managing our state’s natural resources.