Young Environmental Leaders Program
The Young Environmental Leaders Program is FREE and open to students in Year 5-7. The exciting new format provides four students from each school with outstanding opportunities to develop as young leaders with a connection to and respect for their local environment.
Aims of the program
- To ensure our young people have a connection with nature and their local environment so they can appreciate it into the future.
- To involve more schools and provide students with the opportunity to develop as young environmental leaders.
- To encourage the ‘ripple effect’ with students teaching peers, and teachers sharing back at school and with the wider school community.
What is involved?
- Teachers select four Year 5-7 students per school.
- Forums have ‘connecting with nature theme’ and include hands-on activities and skill development.
- Students and teachers/mentors attend one forum each term with a different theme.
- Previous themes have included connecting with nature, native flora and fauna, Indigenous culture, taking action, and celebrating our achievements.
Upper Murray NRM Education Coordinator
08 8580 1837
Lower Murray NRM Education Coordinator
08 8536 5622