Noora Prescribed Wells Area Water Allocation Plan
The Water Allocation Plan (WAP) for the Noora Prescribed Wells Area was adopted in 2001.
The WAP aims to:
- protect the resource for all water users, now and into the future
- provide greater certainty for water users.
- SA Water is the only licence holder in this area – specifically for the operation of salt interception scheme.
- The Noora Prescribed Wells Area is located within a Border Zone arrangement which is legislated by the Border (Groundwater Agreement) Act (1985).
- The WAP does not include information or policy information on the use or management of the Noora evaporation basin.
The WAP was developed by the South Australian Murray-Darling Basin Natural Resources Management Board in collaboration with key stakeholders.
Find out more information about what a WAP is and why they are important.
Find out about permits and licences relating to this WAP.