South East Agriculture Groups
- Advisory Board of Agriculture is the governing body of the Agricultural Bureau of SA.
Upper South East Rep - Jeanette Ridgway (08) 8753 2338 | email@example.com
Lower South East Rep - Yvonne Correll 0438 273 264 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ag Excellence Alliance Inc. delivers on ground change by working with key SA Grower Groups. Ag Excellence Alliance Inc. puts out a quarterly statewide agricultural events calendar that you can sign up for on their website.
- Agri-Links Limestone Coast is a social networking group for young professionals in the South East.
- Australian Forest Growers Green Triangle Branch is part of the national association representing private forestry and commercial tree growing interests.
- Bangham/ Western Flat Ag Bureau is a branch of the Ag Bureau servicing the Bangham/ Western Flat and surrounding areas.
Chairperson - Mark Pridham 0408 676 157 | email@example.com
- Brimbago Farm Management Group is a group that meets informally to discuss farming issues in the Brimbago area.
Contact Dean Dunsford (08) 8756 7037 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coonawarra Vignerons Association supports Coonawarra Grapegrowers and shares information from state and federal industry organisations.
- Coorong Tatiara Local Action Plan Team implement projects for the Coorong and Tatiara Local Action Planning committees.
- DairySA develops strategic direction for dairy research, development and extension programs in South Australia. Verity Ingham the executive officer is a good first point of contact.
- Southern Region Cropping Solutions - High Rainfall Zone Network links growers, farming systems groups, agribusiness and researchers within the “Southern High Rainfall Zone” to plan and design local activities of greatest benefit.
- Lifetime Ewe Management is a nationally accredited course involving groups of five producers and six 'hands-on' sessions over 12 months. There are currently 6 lifetime ewe groups in the South East.
- Limestone Coast Grape and Wine Council technical commitee who meets regularly to discuss viticulture industry issues.
- Lochaber Ag Bureau is a branch of the Ag Bureau servicing the Lochaber area.
Chairperson - Lachy Grundy email@example.com
- Lucerne Australia is a peak industry group for the Lucerne Seed Industry.
- Lucindale Community Economic Development Board Inc. provides a link between community ideas and making them happen.
- MacKillop Farm Management Group communicates and develops innovative, sustainable farming practices through research and extension for the benefit of primary producers and agribusiness.
- Mid South East Irrigators Association represents irrigators and acts as the funded body for the Confined Wells Rehabilitation Scheme.
Chairperson - Josh Hancock 0427 837 636 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mil-Lel Ag Bureau is a branch of the Ag Bureau servicing the Milel area.
Chairperson - Emil Peucker 0428 140 065 | email@example.com
- Millicent Ag Bureau is a branch of the Ag Bureau servicing the Millicent area.
Chairperson - Chris Bateman | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mount Gambier Farmers Market happens every Saturday in summer from 8am-12pm and in winter from 9am-12pm at the Cave Gardens near the Library.
- Onions Australia serves as an umbrella organization covering all those engaged in the onion industry including growers, packers, wholesalers, exporters, retail outlets, R&D bodies and other related industries including packing manufacturers.
- Padthaway Grape Growers Association shares information and represents the interests of its members.
- Permaculture Mount Gambier is a regional group of the Permaculture Association of South Australia that aims to increase awareness, provide a network and reskill people in permaculture. Contact Sharn Lucas 0407 601 431 | email@example.com
- Port McDonnell Landcare Group meets regularly to discuss various biodiversity issues, and participate in on-ground works.
- Pulse Australia provides coordinated leadership to the Australian pulse industry and facilitates activities that will achieve improved profitability for all sectors of the industry.
- Rural Business Support offers services such as on farm visits to analyse cashflow and viability, business planning, farm business analysis, succession planning preparation and assistance with programs and grants.
- Rural Solutions SA provides professional rural consultancy services for Australian and International public and private clients.
- South Australian No-Till Farmers Association supports and develops no-till farming practices.
- South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) delivers robust scientific solutions for primary industries. There are SARDI staff based at Struan in the South East of SA.
- Sheep Connect SA supports the development of the South Australian sheep industry.
- Sherwood Precision Management Group discusses immediate problems of industry, benchmarking and keeping abreast of technology and information. Chairperson - Simon Forster 0418 826 742 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Cross University offers Bachelor of Forest Science and Management and Bachelor of Environmental Science (Resource Management) in Mount Gambier.
- SPAA Precision Agriculture Australia is a non-profit and independent membership based group that promotes the development and adoption of precision agriculture technologies.
- TAFE SA's Agriculture and Dairy Teams offer a range of Award and Short Course training opportunities in the South East.
- Upper South East Irrigators Group represents irrigators in the Upper South East.
Chairperson - Joe Sanford 0400 887 079 | email@example.com
- Willalooka Farm Management Group is a group of farmers in the Willalooka area who get together informally to discuss local farming issues.
Contact Jamie Jackson (08) 8757 8276 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wolseley Ag Bureau is a branch of the Ag Bureau servicing the Wolseley area.
Chairperson - Ted Ridgway (08) 8753 2338 | email@example.com
- Women in Agriculture and Business of SA provides a support network and encourages interest and participation in the activities of rural women, especially in primary industries. There are 8 branches in the South East Kalangadoo, Keith, Wattle Range, Lochaber, Padthaway, Stewarts Range, Mundulla and Wirrega.
- Wrattonbully Wine Industries Association A winemaking and grape growers group for the Wrattonbully sub regional area.
For more information, contact the Regional Landcare Facilitators.