Supporting sustainable primary production
Sustainable agriculture industry support
The Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board acknowledges the strong links which exist between healthy functioning ecosystems and sustainable primary production. The maintenance of both is fundamental to social, environmental and economic well-being.
With over 50% of the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges region’s land use attributed to primary production, farming represents a critical sector when addressing the management of natural resource issues and strategic investment for productive and environmental outcomes.
Groups or organisations from horticultural and agricultural industries can apply for funding of projects which improve sustainable land management practices within the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges region.
Funding to support incorporated agricultural and horticultural groups in the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges region is now closed for 2018-19. If you have ideas for 2019-20 please contact Nicole Bennett.
Supporting Sustainable Primary Production funding is provided by the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board’s levy.
Funding is awarded on merit to projects that demonstrate best value for money and delivery of agricultural and environmental benefits.
Rural property incentives: take action on your land
The majority of rural land in the AMLR is privately owned. So management decisions of landholders are critical to protecting and improving the condition of natural resources.
Technical advice and training are provided to support rural landholders sustainably manage natural resources on their property.
Land holders may also be eligible for financial incentives for on ground works relating to:
- sustainable agriculture and land management
- aligning infrastructure to land class (i.e. fencing)
- pasture improvement and management
- providing shelter for stock
- integrated property planning
- biodiversity conservation:
- protection and restoration of wildlife habitat
- habitat reconstruction
- threatened species and ecological community recovery
- strategic threat abatement (such as pest control)
- watercourse and wetland management
- protection and restoration
- revegetation for stabilisation, rehabilitation and salinity
- erosion control works
- works to support environmental water priorities.
Please contact us for more information about these incentives.