Fox bait distribution days across Eyre Peninsula (Event)
13 February 2020 until 09 April 2020
Landholders from the Eyre Peninsula can collect free fox baits from Natural Resources Eyre Peninsula at local distribution days from now until March 10. The group bait distribution days offer farmers an opportunity to collect fox baits in their area, in order to maximise the number of neighbouring properties baiting simultaneously.
Water Use on Farms Workshops (Event)
17 March 2020 until 20 March 2020
Hear about new technologies, products and start a water plan for your property
Coastal Saltmarsh Roadshow (Event)
17 March 2020 until 25 March 2020
Gain an appreciation for coastal saltmarsh
Beach Detectives and Science in the Pub (Event)
16 April 2020
Join Natural Resources EP staff in Streaky Bay for beach combing fun in the morning and a Science in the Pub event in the evening with guest speakers presenting on a range of coastal and marine topics.
Previous Natural Resources Eyre Peninsula events
Below is a list of some of our most popular event. If you are interested in attending a similar event in the future please let us know (contact us). You never know, with enough support we might be able to run it again:
- Landcare for Rural women (2018 and 2017), 10 month free courses based out of Tumby Bay and Wanilla, partners Women in Agriculture and Business of South Australia Inc, through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program. Read about it here.
- Nature Play SA workshops and talks for Educators, Local Council and Community, at Ceduna (2017) Tumby Bay and Port Lincoln (2016).
- Workshops for sheep producers 'Getting the best from your end product' with San Jolly, at Lock and Streaky Bay. Took place 22 and 23 June 2016.
- BirdLife Australia workshops, Beach-nesting birds workshop held in Ceduna, 5-6 March 2016. Migratory shorebirds workshop held in Coffin Bay, 19 - 20 March 2016.
- Bird identification training, citizen science 10 session course (free and open to all, limited spaces) - in Cummins (finished May 2017) Elliston, Cleve and Port Lincoln. (finished Dec 2015).
- Professional development for Teachers and Educations (free) - Coast to Classroom, Birdlife - in Whyalla Norrie, Port Neill, Port Lincoln, Streaky Bay. Took place 21-27 Oct 2015.
- Climate Change workshop (free and open to all) - in Port Lincoln (more info here). Held 15 Sept 2015
- Water Use on Farms workshops (small fee) - in Cummins and Cleve. Took place 30-31 July 2015.