Coordinated fox baiting - A landscape approach
Landholders across the Northern and Yorke region are encouraged to coordinate fox baiting with their neighbours and participate twice yearly in the Northern and Yorke Coordinated Fox Baiting Program.
Annually in late summer and late winter, Natural Resources Northern and Yorke will hold fox bait distribution days throughout the region, where landholders are able to purchase baits at a discounted rate.
Foxes don’t recognise property boundaries, so in order to reduce overall populations it is important to have a coordinated control approach which covers a large area and occurs when foxes are most vulnerable. Studies show that baiting is most effective in early autumn, when numbers are high and food sources are low, and in early spring, when vixens are breeding and require more food.
Baits are also available throughout the rest year at the standard price, contact us to order.
Spring 2019 Coordinated Fox Baiting Distribution Days and locations:
LOWER MID NORTH
Tuesday, 3rd September:
- Riverton Oval, 10.00 am - 11.00 am
- Spalding Institute, 2.00 pm - 3.00 pm
Wednesday, 4th September:
- Clare Oval, 2.00 pm - 3.00 pm
Friday, 6th September:
- Eudunda Council Depot, 10.00 am - 11.00 am
- Burra NRM Office, 2.00 pm - 3.00 pm
Tuesday, 17th September:
- Yorketown Council Depot, 9.00 am - 11.00 am
Wednesday, 18th September:
- Minlaton Council Depot, 9.00 am - 11.00 am
Thursday, 19th September:
- Kadina - NRM Office, 9.00 am - 11.00 am