South Australian threatened plant translocation workshop
03 May 2019
Come along and learn about the new Threatened Plant Translocation Guidelines, hear about local South Australian case studies and get your translocation questions answered.
A full version of the program is available here, however the following speakers and topics have been confirmed.
- Preparing a translocation proposal – ideas from around Australia
Dr Lucy Commander, Lead Editor of the Translocation Guidelines, Australian Network for Plant Conservation
- When do you need a geneticist and seed provenance?
Dr Martin Breed, School of Biological Sciences, University of Adelaide
- Translocation policies and requirements for approvals in South Australia
Doug Bickerton, Project Officer, Threatened Species, Department for Environment and Water
- Collecting, testing and storing seed of threatened species for translocation
Dan Duval, Technical Officer Seed Collection & Research, Department for Environment and Water
- Case study: Silver Daisy-bush (Olearia pannosa)
Alex Mason, On-ground Co-ordinator Securing Silver Daisy Project, Trees for Life
- Case study: Translocating and managing Spiny Daisy (Acanthocladium dockeri)
Tim Field, Conservation & Wetland Manager, Banrock Station
- Case study: 20 years of Whibley wattle (Acacia whibleyana), working with the community
Geraldine Turner, Southern NRM Officer, Natural Resources Eyre Peninsula
- Case study: Yundi Guinea-flower (Hibbertia tenuis), unlocking seed dormancy and using ecological burns for better growing conditions for threatened flora
James Trezise, PhD Candidate, Fire Ecology University of Adelaide.
Refer to information flyer from related links below.
- General admission $15 per person
- Students and volunteers FREE
Register: by 30 April 2019 Click to book!
This event is supported by the South Australian Murray-Darling Basin Natural Resources Management Board through funding from the NRM levies. Funding has also been provided by The University of Adelaide and the Threatened Species Recovery Hub.
Ingkarni Wardli Conference Room, Level 7
University of Adelaide, North Terrace Campus, Adelaide, South Australia 5000