Mitigating against climate change
Natural Resources SA Murray-Darling Basin (SA MDB), together with land managers, is aiming to maintain and enhance the biodiversity values of the region. Climate change mitigation is about reducing the amount of greenhouse gases we produce to lessen the effects of global warming. There are a number of projects underway in the SA MDB region focused on the way we use energy and working toward sustainable emission goals.
- Highlights the difference between available carbon offset schemes
- Explains what is on offer and when to enter the market
- Promotes understanding of the returns and benefits
- Investigates the associated contractual obligations
- Develops regionally appropriate resource kits
Many renewable options are suitable for use in the SA MDB region, including wind and solar energy. A project has been established to support the community and land managers to work together to provide energy efficiencies. The project:
- increases awareness of renewable energy
- provides information and training
- promotes adoption of new technologies
- contributes to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
Energy efficiency at home
Small changes at home can make a big difference to the amount of energy you use. Not only will you help the environment, but you may be able to reduce your bills too!
Natural Resources SA Murray-Darling Basin
This project is funded by the SA Murray-Darling Basin Natural Resources Management Board from the NRM Levy.