South East agriculture groups
- Advisory Board of Agriculture is the governing body of the Agricultural Bureau of SA.
Jeanette Ridgway (08) 8753 2338 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ag Excellence Alliance Inc. delivers on ground change by working with key SA Grower Groups. Ag Excellence Alliance Inc. puts out a quarterly statewide agricultural events calendar that you can sign up for on their website.
- Australian Forest Growers Green Triangle Branch is part of the national association representing private forestry and commercial tree growing interests.
- Bangham/ Western Flat Ag Bureau - Chairperson - Mark Pridham 0408 676 157 | email@example.com
- Coonawarra Vignerons supports Coonawarra grapegrowers and shares information from state and federal industry organisations.
- Coorong Tatiara Local Action Plan Team implement projects for the Coorong and Tatiara Local Action Planning committees.
- DairySA develops strategic direction for dairy research, development and extension programs in South Australia. Verity Ingham the executive officer is a good first point of contact.
- Southern Region Cropping Solutions - High Rainfall Zone Network links growers, farming systems groups, agribusiness and researchers within the “Southern High Rainfall Zone” to plan and design local activities of greatest benefit.
- Limestone Coast Grape and Wine Council technical commitee who meets regularly to discuss viticulture industry issues.
- Lochaber Ag Bureau - Chairperson Justin Schultz 0428 835 002
- Lucerne Australia is a peak industry group for the Lucerne Seed Industry.
- Lucindale Community Economic Development Board Inc. provides a link between community ideas and making them happen.
- MacKillop Farm Management Group communicates and develops innovative, sustainable farming practices through research and extension for the benefit of primary producers and agribusiness.
- Mid South East Irrigators Association – Greg Kennett – 0428 572 189
- Mil-Lel Ag Bureau - Chairperson - Emil Peucker 0428 140 065 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Millicent Ag Bureau - Chairperson - Chris Bateman | email@example.com
- Mount Gambier Farmers Market happens every Saturday in summer from 8am-12pm and in winter from 9am-12pm at the Cave Gardens near the Library.
- Onions Australia serves as an umbrella organization covering all those engaged in the onion industry including growers, packers, wholesalers, exporters, retail outlets, R&D bodies and other related industries including packing manufacturers.
- Padthaway Grape Growers Association shares information and represents the interests of its members.
- Permaculture Mount Gambier is a regional group of the Permaculture Association of South Australia that aims to increase awareness, provide a network and reskill people. Contact Sharn Lucas 0407 601 431.
- Port McDonnell Landcare Group meets regularly to discuss various biodiversity issues, and participate in on-ground works.
- Pulse Australia provides coordinated leadership to the Australian pulse industry and facilitates activities that will achieve improved profitability for all sectors of the industry.
- Rural Business Support offers services such as on farm visits to analyse cashflow and viability, business planning, farm business analysis, succession planning preparation and assistance with programs and grants.
- Rural Solutions SA provides professional rural consultancy services for Australian and International public and private clients.
- South Australian No-Till Farmers Association supports and develops no-till farming practices.
- South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) delivers robust scientific solutions for primary industries. There are SARDI staff based at Struan in the South East of SA.
- Sheep Connect SA supports the development of the South Australian sheep industry.
- Sherwood Precision Management Group discusses immediate problems of industry, benchmarking and keeping abreast of technology and information. Chairperson - Simon Forster 0418 826 742 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPAA Precision Agriculture Australia is a non-profit and independent membership based group that promotes the development and adoption of precision agriculture technologies.
- TAFE SA's Agriculture and Dairy Teams offer a range of Award and Short Course training opportunities in the South East.
- Upper South East Irrigators Group - Chairperson - Joe Sanford 0400 887 079 | email@example.com
- Willalooka Farm Management Group
Contact Jamie Jackson (08) 8757 8276 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wolseley Ag Bureau is a branch of the Ag Bureau servicing the Wolseley area.
Chairperson - Ted Ridgway (08) 8753 2338 | email@example.com
- Women in Agriculture and Business of SA provides a support network and encourages interest and participation in the activities of rural women, especially in primary industries. There are 8 branches in the South East Kalangadoo, Keith, Wattle Range, Lochaber, Padthaway, Stewarts Range, Mundulla and Wirrega.
- Wrattonbully Wine Industries Association A winemaking and grape growers group for the Wrattonbully sub regional area.
For more information, contact the Regional Landcare Facilitators.