Bush Management Advisor
The Bush Management Advisor (BMA) has responsibility for providing technical advice and identifying and programs for the conservation, management and restoration of native species, populations and ecological systems in the South East landscape. A core part of the position is ensuring that, where appropriate regional and statewide projects, policies and plans are appropriately implemented to service the biodiversity needs of species and ecosystems of the region.
In line with the management action targets of our regional NRM Plan, this project includes:
- improving native vegetation
- managing priority habitats
- improving habitat connectivity
- involving primary producers
- increasing community awareness
- supporting biodiversity on private land.