Water planning and permits
The purpose of this project is to provide a framework to manage underground water resources sustainably and to meet legislative requirements for the review and amendment of water allocation plans (WAPs). This project also administers the permits under the South East Regional Natural Resources Management Plan.
In line with the management action targets of our regional NRM Plan, this project includes:
- understanding water resources
- acknowledging environmental water needs
- retaining water in the landscape
- adapting to climate change
- increasing community awareness
- managing water within sustainable limits
- adapting water management
- involving Aboriginal people.