What we offer
NRM Education South East is an integrated environmental education program offering free activities and support to schools about Natural Resources in the South East Region.
The South East Natural Resources Management Board and Natural Resources South East believes in the philosophy of environmental education. Children and young people are being, and will be, directly impacted upon by the natural resource management of yesterday and today. Allowing children to learn about natural environmental functions and then providing them with an understanding of conservation methods and sustainable management practices is vital in continuing to protect our resources.
NRM Education delivers 2 key initiatives:
- Environmental Leadership Programs (ELP) – a series of forums to encourage youth voice and action on regional environmental and sustainability issues.
- Connecting with Nature (CwN) – provide experiences for youth to connect with nature in our parks.
We also provide the following support to the school-based community free of charge:
- Professional Development (PD) sessions for teachers on a range of regional NRM/environmental topics.
- School Environmental Management Plans (SEMP) – assistance with developing a tailored SEMP for your school.
- NRM Education Email Network – receive up to date information on school grants, PD’s, competitions, events, new resources and support.
- Resources and equipment – there is a library of education resources, posters and equipment available for loan. Please contact us for more information.
- Classroom education sessions - during Semester 2 only for years R - 4
NRM Education South East is funded by the NRM Levy, supporting youth and educators to be informed and play an active role in natural resource management.
Click here to access the Teacher Information Pack for 2019
For more information
Damien Bickley, NRM Education Officer on 0477 309 353